This week we celebrate the twentieth anniversary of the publication of this overlooked classic. Case studies in this book include:
- Manure.com: A company that learned the hard way that fertilizer and cyberspace don’t mix.
- Groins R Us: A story of four fraternity brothers and their woefully pathetic attempt to seize this sensitive niche market.
- Donner Party Consulting: Who can ever forget their classic ad slogan, “Is Your Competition Eating You Alive?”
- The book was published directly from their unedited, first draft.
- In Search of Mediocrity holds the Guinness World Record for most typos in a published book.
- At least 72% of the data cited in the book has been proven to be incorrect.