Wednesday, April 4, 2007

More on Circuit City

In an earlier post entitled, Hedgehogs to Warthogs, I offered my humble but scathing opinion of Circuit City's recent lay-offs. Well, I happen to discover the following set of corporate values on their website:"Our associates are our greatest assets." If that is true then why lay off 3,400 of your great assets? I was at a loss for an explanation but then I got an anonymous tip from one of their employees. Apparently Circuit CEO Phillip Schoonover recently purchased the best-selling business book entitled, The No Asshole Rule by Robert Sutton. Somehow, Mr. Schoonover thought the title of the book was, The No Associate Rule. Yeah, it sounds ridiculous, but it makes more sense than anything I've read in the press releases from Circuit City.

Note to Circuit City: The book on the left is real!
The book on the right exists only in your imagination.

No comments: